1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 16, 2012

So Cool To See The Lord Help Me With My Spanish

The emailing today was a little rough.  I think the internet connection at the Van Nuys library was struggling a little.  It would take about 10 minutes in between each email to get a reply.  Elder Parkinson still sounds "great" and is loving everything about his mission.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Everything is great here in Cali.  Um, the car show thing is just a car company that has done that to all their cars.  Also, it is called "pimp my ride."  That is crazy what happened at Bountiful High (the school was put on lockdown for a chemical bomb).  I am so happy for Abbey for signing with Central Wyoming.  She will have a great time there.  Um, next time u see her tell her congrats.

Mom:  Hi cutie!!!  Yes, I will tell Abbey congrats for you.  Who took you to the car show?

Elder Parkinson:  It was just me, my companion and 2 other missionaries.  Also, thank you for the bread.  I love it, it is so good!  Elder Christensen also loved the ties.

Mom:  I'm glad you liked the bread and that the ties worked out.  Let me know if there is anything else that you need.  So how was your week?  Anything exciting happen?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yeah.  We went on exchanges twice with other missionaries and the second time I had to lead our area and talk the whole time in Spanish.  It was really cool to see the Lord help me with my Spanish.  Um, what else.....oh, hahaha, we ran into this guy who just loves to argue with us.  So we just talk with him, haha.  He thinks the way we get the Holy Ghost is by reading the Bible and just praying, no laying on of hands needed.  Oh, there is one thing that you could send.  Could you send me all of the Enya cd's?  It is good music and it is approved.

Mom:  How fun!!! It sounds like your Spanish is going very well.  Yes, I will send the Enya cd's.  Do you have something to play the cd's with, or do you need a cd player also?  If I remember, all you took was an iPod shuffle.

Elder Parkinson:  Um, a cd player would be nice.  So how are things back home?

Mom:  Should I send the cd player and the cd's to the mission home, or to your address?  Things are good. Austin and Cooper are busy with their sports.  Austin is a little down lately, because he thinks he doesn't have much of a chance to play basketball in college.  We don't really know where this is coming from.  Cooper has his first track meet and baseball games this week.  Dad is staying busy with work and golf, haha.  I am just doing the usual :)  So did you go bowling last Pday?  I saw a charge on your debit card that looked like it was for bowling, haha.

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yes we went bowling, haha.  Tell Austin that he has the skill to do anything he wants.  If I can play in college, he definitely can.  Oh, and send the cd stuff to the mission home for safety.

Mom:  Okay, I will send them to the mission home.  How long does it take you to get things from there?  How are your contacts holding up?  So everything is good?  I love you lots!

Elder Parkinson:  Contacts are great and idk um like 3 days from the mission home.  Not too bad.  I am great and I love you too.
I can tell this connection is really slow and I have to go, but I am doing great.  I love the mission.  I am so happy that I am out here and I know that the Lord is with me.  I am so happy that the Lord is on our side.  I love you guys so much and I can't wait to see you guys again and to talk to u in a month.  Well, til next week.  I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment