1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 23, 2012

Trying Hard To Be Who God Wants Me To Be

We decided to try something a little different this week.  Since the internet connection at the library in Van Nuys is so slow, JP sent a longer email first telling about his week and then we emailed back and forth.  This way we made sure he was able to tell us all he wanted to.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, all is well out here.  We moved some elders into a new apartment on Friday and it was about 98 degrees.  It was really hot.  The cd player and disk haven't gotten to me yet.  I love it out here, it is great.  Um nothing too exciting this week, but we are working hard and I love it.  Transfers are next Monday, but I will probably stay right where I'm at.  Um, what else..... we have been knocking a lot.  I love it because it helps my Spanish so much.  We have 2 baptisms coming up on Sunday.  I am so excited.  I'm not baptizing, but it is still way cool.  Idk of anything else that I need.  I am doing great, haha.  I hate soccer, but oh well, what am I going to do.  I am just so bad at it.  Tell Austin that I will be writing him a letter today and to not be afraid, because that is when you make mistakes.

Mom:  Hi sweetheart!  It sounds like you are doing awesome and that makes me SO happy!  Have you given your testimony in church yet?

Elder Parkinson:  Not yet, haha, but I plan on it.  Um, how is life back home?  I am so happy that we have the technology to email.

Mom:  I know!!! I love emailing with you :)  So how often do you see President Martin?  I think you should just teach all the people how to play basketball and then you wouldn't have to play soccer :)  Everything is good here.  It has been pretty warm and the driveway is finally in, yay!  Have you had to give any blessings?  Are you eating and sleeping well?

Elder Parkinson:  I have given one blessing and yes all is good.  I sleep well and the members feed us a lot.  Um, I don't see President that much and haha that would be hard for me to teach them all to play basketball.  Oh well, haha.  So my companion and I were talking about cars and then started talking about bikes (like the one Mike Flo has) and I was just wondering what your stand on that is?

Mom:  My stand on bikes (motorcycles) versus cars?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no, just on bikes in general, haha, cause I kinda want one now.

Mom:  I would have to say "no comment,"  haha :)

Elder Parkinson:  Well, um, I guess that this email thing is so slow but I am doing so good and I love you so much.  I am so happy to be out here on a mission and can't wait to get my Enya cd's and cd player, haha.  I am working hard and can't wait for Mother's Day.  I hope that all stays good back home and I am so happy that Austin is starting to work harder.  Tell him it is so worth it to put the work in because God will bless you.  I am happy that Cooper is jumping well.  I love all of you guys so much and can't wait to see your faces again, haha.  Everyone out here says that it goes by so fast.  I am trying so hard to be who God wants me to be and I love every second of my mission.  So for this week, we have interviews with President and also tell Austin that I love him.  Tell him that he will be fine and he is a good player.  Tell dad that I am so thankful for the example of hard work that he has set for me.  Mom, thank you so much for always being there for me and doing all you do for me.  Everyday there is something that reminds me of an old memory.

Mom:  I love you soooo much!!! Thanks for emailing and I hope that you have a fabulous week :)  Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment