1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, July 23, 2012

3 To A Room

Well, today was transfer day and Elder Parkinson gets to stay in Van Nuys again.  He is very happy about this because he LOVES his area, but he does know that this will probably be his last transfer there since he has been in Van Nuys since March.  He said this transfer was a little different because for right now they have 3 Elders in their companionship.  As always, he sounds great and is doing well.  I have come to accept the fact that I think his weekly emails will just get shorter and shorter.  I cannot complain though, because that means his focus is where it needs to be.

This is a picture of Jordan having breakfast with his former high school basketball coach last Thursday morning.  The Bountiful High team was in Anaheim last week and at least somebody got to see this cute Elder.


Elder Parkinson:  Hi mom.  It was great to have breakfast with Coach G.  It wasn't a distraction at all.  I loved it!  I am so happy and the work is still going well.  I hope that all is good back home.  Also,  I would like to say that I am staying with Elder Gomm in Van Nuys and Elder Christiansen is training with us for at least a few days so that is cool.  Oh, that gatorade flavor that you said you tried down here -lime cucumber- I am not a fan of it either.

Mom:  So is Elder Christiansen with you in your apartment?  Are you in a group of 3?  How were the Disney treats I had Gary bring to you?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, Elder Christiansen is with us today and tomorrow and until he gets his new guy he is with us.  I loved the treats and I already ate the lolly pop.  It was so good, hahah.  Um, the work is great and I am just working hard and just going hard in the paint.  It is starting to get hot here.  I love all of you guys and I love the Lord's work.

Mom:  Sounds like you are doing amazing!!!  So, you never told me if you got the popcorn balls that we sent and if you liked them.  Are you running low on anything or is there anything that you need?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yes I got the popcorn balls and they were good.  Did you just get the recipe from Abbey?  No, I don't think that there is anything that I need right now, I am doing good on everything.  I am just tired, haha, because we are working so hard which is a good thing.

Mom:  Yes, I got the recipe from her mom.  I think Abbey is really busy right now with college and basketball stuff.  I am so proud of you and how hard you are working sharing this amazing gospel.  Thank you for being such a wonderful example to all of us.  I love you SO much!

Elder Parkinson:  Well, I am about to leave.  I love you so much and I hope that all is good back home because all is great back here in Cali.  Just working hard and about to go have a BBQ.  It is going to be a great week!  Talk to you next week.


These are the 4 Elders who got treated to breakfast last Thursday morning by Coach G


No comments:

Post a Comment