1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Proud to Carry My Name

Our Family was in Lake Powell this week and so I wasn't able to email back and forth with Jordan this week.  I did get his email on Monday afternoon while we were there and it brought tears to my eyes.  Lake Powell has always been Jordan's favorite place and so it was a little sad not having him there with us this year, but we know he is exactly where he is supposed to be right now.


Well, the baptism went great yesterday and I was the one who did it but I forgot my camera so I am going to have Elder Gomm email them to me so I will have the pictures.  It was such a cool experience.  I am so happy that I got to do it.  Um, what else, haha.  I'm sure the boat is clean enough and that is weird that our family has the least amount of people going to Powell this year.  I hope everything goes smooth down there.  It is a great place and I am sure going to miss that place this year.  Um, the week was great.  THis week I get to go on exchanges with Elder Thacker so we are excited about that.  Tell Zac to write to me, haha, I miss that kid.  Um, I do need some new bread and also if you could ask Abbey's mom about the popcorn balls one more time that would be great.  Elder Gomm and I are doing great.  We are working hard and finding a lot of people.  The only thing is, is that the people aren't coming to church so we don't have any more dates yet.  I am kinda frustrated about that because we always have great lessons with them and then Sunday comes around and we call them and they don't answer.  We played soccer this morning again.  I was not too happy about that.  That is so sad to hear about Goza (one of Jordan's teammates from Dixie who hurt his knee).  Will you get his address for me.  I really love that kid.  He is such a stud and I love how he just was so nice to me and helped me out.  Well, that is all that I have to say.  I am doing great and am so happy that I had amazing parents that raised me the way that you guys did and taught me all of the attributes that I have.  I am proud to carry the name of Parkinson along side of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love you and I will talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment