1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, July 9, 2012

The JP Jinx



Our family just returned from a week-long trip to Lake Powell.  This is Jordan's favorite place to be and what he considers to be heaven on earth.  We were a little sad about not having him with us this year, but also a little interested to see if the JP Jinx would hold true.  Jordan has always told us that whenever we take the boat out without him, something goes wrong.  He said that the boat just loves him so much that it misses him when he's not there and doesn't like to run.  We were all hoping that this wouldn't hold true, but much to our dismay, the JP Jinx lives on.  Halfway through our trip, the fuel pump on the boat went out and we couldn't get it fixed.  Luckily, we were there with some other families and still had two working boats.  The Jinx only gets better as the story goes on.  As we were heading home from a great week, we made it just past Kanab and the axle went out on the boat trailer.  This left us stranded for about 3 hours waiting for a tow truck and eventually had us leaving the boat and the trailer at the entrance to Bryce Canyon.  Maybe we will just leave it there until our cute Elder Parkinson comes home and can enjoy the boat with us again :)


Elder Parkinson:  Hahahahahaha!!  I told you guys that the boat doesn't like to run without me.  Was dad mad?  No, I didn't get the postcard from Powell, but yes I did get the cd's and thanks for sending me bread.  I am doing great and love the work.  We are in a little slump with the investigators, but we will get to work.  Our next transfer is in two weeks and yes I did get to meet the new mission president.  He is so cool, haha.  Um, I hope that dad still likes Malibus.

Mom:  I am sad that you didn't get the postcard.  Hopefully it will come soon.  Dad said he is not sure what he is going to do with the boat, but I'm sure there will still be a boat here when you get home.  Maybe we should just wait to go boating until you get home so we don't have the JP curse :)  Did you get to play any sports this morning?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha!  Well, I hope that I get the postcard too.  I love the Malibu's, but oh well, whatever works best.  I am doing great and we played soccer again this morning.  It was fun.  We are working hard and my exchanges with Thacker were great.  We taught 6 lessons and had 3 dinners.  It was good.  Um, I don't have much to say, sorry.

Mom:  I am so happy to hear that you are doing well.  I'm sure the investigators will pick up and you will be able to share this wonderful gospel with many more.  So Austin went to his first day of football conditioning at the high school this morning.  He puked :)  Guess who was there and is back at Bountiful High?  Coach Johnson!!!  He told me to tell you hello.

Elder Parkinson:  Oh yes, I love that guy.  Tell him hi for me and also give him my address.  I am sorry that this is being so slow.  I love you so much.  We have to go because we have a zone activity.  It is a water balloon fight, so we need to get ready for that.  I love you guys so much and I hope that all is well.  Tell Austin to tell Larry (Wall) hi for me.  He is a good man.

Mom:  I will have Austin do that.  Thank you so much for your amazing example and attitude.  You are an inspiration to us all.  We love you so much and hope that you have a great week.

Elder Parkinson:  Well, I am leaving.  I love you guys and I hope that you also have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment