1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Valentines Week

A QUICK NOTE: 
NEXT MONDAY IS TRANSFER DAY FOR ELDER PARKINSON AND HE MAY NOT BE STAYING AT THE SAME ADDRESS.  IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAIL ANYTHING THAT IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE NEXT MONDAY OR TUESDAY, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY BE SAFE AND SEND IT TO THE MISSION HOME ADDRESS.



This past week, the Boat Show was in Utah.  This is one of Jordan's favorite things to do.  He loves to go and look at all of the new boats and boating equipment and live in dream world for awhile.  It was kinda weird to be there without him because he is the most avid boater in our family.  We then realized, however, that next year he would be there with us.  YAY!!!  This second year of the mission is going to go by a lot faster than the first year did, but in the meantime, we are so happy that Jordan is busy serving the Lord right now.


Elder Parkinson:  Hello mom.  I am doing great and loving life here.  I hope that it stops snowing sometime soon there so you can start on the house.  That is so cool that Austin gave a talk on Sunday.  I like the story that he used and I might have to use it out here too.  That is great to hear about BHS basketball.  They should be able to beat Highland because they don't have Nate F. anymore, haha.  Tell Cooper that he needs to play high school ball.  It is so fun and he will be able to play church ball when he gets older.  That is crazy how tall people have gotten.  I don't think I have grown at all and I am sorry to hear that you are now the shortest one in the family.  That is so cool that you guys went to the boat show.  Did you take pictures?  I know our boat is great.  I am so happy that you got a new wakeboard.  Could you send me a pic right now if it?  Um, that is great to hear that Dave is back out and doing well.  He is such an example to me.  We will know more about transfers this Saturday.  My knees are okay.  Today I will be doing a food challenge.  I am going to try to eat a 3 pound burger and a pound of fries in 38 minutes!

Mom:  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well our there and loving your mission.  That makes me SO happy.  I cannot believe that you are going to do that eating challenge!!!  Is anyone else doing it with you?

The New Wakeboard

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, Elder Flake is doing it with me.  I am so pumped to do it.  I love that board.  It looks good!  Did you take any pics of the boats?

Mom:  You will have to take some pictures of you and Elder Flake pigging out ;)  I didn't take any pictures of the boats, but the new color schemes on the Malibu's are a little crazy.  They are like sparkly pastel metallics.  How is the work going?

Elder Parkinson:  We are going to record the whole challenge, haha.  That is cool about the new boat colors.  I can't wait to see what they look like.  The work is slowly progressing.  We are trying to work our butts off to find those that are prepared.

Mom:  Any idea what will happen with transfers?  Are you still playing a lot of basketball?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, I have no idea what is going on with transfers.  Yes, we are still playing a lot of bball.  I have to get going now because someone else is waiting to use my computer.  I love you so much and hope that you are doing well.  Tell everyone hello for me.

1 comment:

  1. He is such a great missionary! Good to here he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete