1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Thursday, February 7, 2013

He Is Yours

I saw this poem today and it immediately brought me back to January 18, 2012 when we dropped Jordan off at the MTC.  It is so well written and expresses my emotions exactly.


As we went through the MTC doors,
I said, "Heavenly Father, he is yours."
With tears burning in my eyes
We said our farewell and good-byes. 
He's not off to kindergarten, he's not out to play,
He's doing the Lord's work today. 
I guess the mailbox will become our best friend
As we wait for the letters he will send.
A strange silence fell on our home.
Someone is missing and I feel alone.
No "Hey Mom," or even his voice on the phone.
His winter coat is hanging on the rack.
It will be two years until he is back.
Too much milk in the fridge, no more wash to do.
My workload is lightening, but, Son, I miss you.
Crying, I walk into his room.
Then I remember Christ's empty tomb.
My sacrifice is so small
Compared to it all.
It is hard to let go of my boy's hand,
For when he returns, he will be a man.
And as I turn and walk away,
"God bless our boy," I silently pray.
Into the bright light through the MTC doors
And once again, Father, I know he is yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment