1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, February 4, 2013

Loving It Here

Elder Parkinson is loving his mission and the people of Palmdale.  He is still riding a bike that is a little too small until he sees what happens with transfers.  I'm sure we would all love to see a picture of Jordan with his long legs on a little bike.  Elder Parkinson always has a way of bringing a smile to our faces.


Elder Parkinson:  I am doing great!  I love it here in the mission field.  I am glad that everyone is feeling better.  If that sickness put dad down for a couple days then it must have been bad.  I am also very happy that you were able to turn to the scriptures and that you got an answer.  That is crazy that Dave is back out.  I hope that he does a great job, but I know that he will.  So, about the Super Bowl, at least my niners made it that far.  I did get the package and I loved the hat, haha.  Thank you.  That is so crazy that there is only a month left of high school basketball and that March Madness is on it's way.  What else.....about the bike, I am just going to stick it out until I find out if I am going to a car area or not.  Tell Cooper and Austin to stay away from the girls.  They will only get themselves in trouble.  I am so happy that dad gave me that advise and also that I had David to be there with me for the most part.

Mom:  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.  Is the bike still bothering your knee?  What did your mission president say about it?  How are your investigators?

Elder Parkinson:  It is bothering my knee a little bit, but I think it will be okay.  My mission president hasn't gotten back to me yet.  We had to pull the dates off of our new investigators because they keep flaking out on appointments.

Mom:  That's too bad.  Just keep doing your best and the Lord will lead you to those who are ready.  How is the ward?

Elder Parkinson:  We are working hard and the ward is doing great.  They are on our sides and we love the work.  I think I might go zone leader.

Mom:  How exciting.  What does zone leader do?  Would you stay in Palmdale?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, that is what we are thinking.  The zone leader just watches over like 20 missionaries, but I am not sure that is what will happen.  We will find out in 2 weeks at transfers I guess.  So how is the snow?  Did you get more?

Mom:  That would be cool.  The snow is still here.  We've gotten a little more and it is not melting very fast either.  It is definitely the most snow I have seen in Bountiful.  How is the weather there?  What are your plans today?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, it is in the 60's, haha.  I'm not really sure what our plans for today are, but I do have to get going.  I love you so much and I hope that all is great there.

No comments:

Post a Comment