1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, February 18, 2013

Leaving Palmdale - Destination Unknown

Today is transfer day yet again in the San Fernando mission and Elder Parkinson is going to be leaving Palmdale.  He is not quite sure where he will be going yet, but he is excited for the new adventure.  We are glad that he and Elder Flake were able to bond one last time with their eating challenge last Monday.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  This week was great.  I am leaving Palmdale, but I don't know where I'm going yet.  I do know that I am going to another bike area, so I am going to buy a bike.  That burger that we ate for the challenge was SO hot.  The quantity wasn't a lot, but it was very spicy.  I am very happy that Austin and Cooper are doing great.  I am loving life.  What else....did you send some more contacts yet?  I am very excited for the basketball team.  Tell Austin to enjoy the state tournament because it's very fun.  I don't have much to say, but I do want you to know that I do try to keep an uplifting hymn in my head like you suggested.  Well, how is life in Bountiful?

Mom:  So when do you leave Palmdale?  When will you find out where you are going?  Do you know where you are going to buy your new bike?  I didn't send the contacts yet because I wasn't sure if your address was going to change.  Are you totally out of contacts?  Life in Bountiful is treating us well :)

Elder Parkinson:  Well, I leave tomorrow and that is when I will find out where I am going.  I don't know where I am going to buy a new bike, but we are going today to look around.  I am just using my glasses right now until you can send some more contacts.  I will be changing addresses and I hope that I get to go somewhere cool, haha.  I am going to miss Elder Flake.  I heard that you guys are looking into buying a share in a houseboat.

Mom:  That's exciting!  I'm sure Elder Flake is going to miss you as well, but I know that you will always stay in touch.  Where should I send the contacts?  Should I just wait for your new address or just send them to the mission home?  Yes, dad is looking into houseboat shares, but it's definitely not going to happen this year.  Does Elder Flake know where he's going?

Elder Parkinson:  Elder Flake is staying here in Palmdale.  I hope that dad is able to get a houseboat share for the year that I come home, haha.  Either way though, a houseboat is a houseboat and I will be happy with anything.  I hope that all is well back home.  I will send you a letter with my new address when I get it.  Well, I love you so much and about the contacts- just wait until I send the new address and then send them there.  I hope that all of you are doing well and everyone is having fun.  I love you all so much and I am excited to move on in the mission.


The 3lb Burger and Fries Eating Challenge:

 Elder's Parkinson and Flake standing outside the challenge site.  They look pretty confident don't they?

 The Challengers

 Signing the waiver 

 The Food.  Elder Parkinson said it was the hottest thing he had eaten.  The burger was cooked with habanero, chipotle and some other spice.

After the Challenge.  You can see that Elder Flake didn't fare so well and Elder Parkinson is needing some milk to cool his body down.

The Results:
Elder Flake - Gave in after 5 minutes and said that his stomach felt like it had a blow torch inside it.

Elder Parkinson:  Gave in after 17 minutes and finishing half of the burger and all the fries.

The Other Elder:  Gave in after 18 minutes, finishing half the burger and dealing with hot sauce in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment