1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 8, 2013

Every Member A Missionary

I always love emailing with Jordan after conference weekend.  It is fun to see the talks that he really enjoyed and see if they are the same as mine.  He is still doing great and working VERY hard.  I received a letter in the mail last week from his companion telling me what an awesome missionary Elder Parkinson is and how much he enjoys being his companion.  This makes a mom heart smile.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I am doing great.  I did get the post card that you guys sent from San Diego, but I haven't gotten the bread yet.  I bet it's on its way.  I loved conference.  I really loved Holland's talk and President Monson's too.  I also loved how they said that every member was a missionary.  That is so true.  Us missionaries need all the help that we can get.  We watched conference at the church here and none of our investigators were able to make it, but it's okay.  It sounds like you guys had a good spring break and that is nuts about all of the sports that Austin and Cooper have going on.  I am happy that you got to go to Idaho.  As far as school goes, I am still deciding.  I do want to go where I will be able to play football.

Mom:  It is so good to hear from you!  I was starting to get worried because your email came later than normal.  It is raining/snowing here as I email with you.  I am ready for the warm weather to come and stay!  How is your investigator coming for the 21st?

Elder Parkinson:  It better start to warm up, haha.  We had to move the date back for our investigator to the 28th so he could come to church 3 times, but he is doing great.  I love him.  He was so ready for the gospel.

Mom:  That's exciting!  How is the rest of the work going there?  It is really important for the members to help the missionaries with the work.  Did you get any other emails?

Elder Parkinson:  The work is a little slow, but we did find a family so that is cool.  I didn't get any other emails, so maybe Kilpack didn't have time, but it's okay.  So how is dad's work going?

Mom:  Dad is keeping very busy.  He is working at 4 different hospitals and is doing a lot of stuff with different medical boards.  He still manages to find some time to help coach though :)  What are your plans for today?  How did you find the new family to teach?

Elder Parkinson:  That is good to hear about dad.  We are going to play bball today.  We found the family by knocking doors.  We asked Heavenly Father for a family and he led us to one.  We have an appointment for this Saturday.  It is a family of 5.  So how is Cooper looking in bball?

Mom:  That is so amazing how the power of Heavenly Father works!  Cooper is looking pretty good.  He is a definitely a gangler, just like you ;)  He really likes to shoot from the outside and doesn't want to play post, so he is trying to work on his ball handling.  He really does remind me a lot of you with everything he does.  I think that he will be the one that will surprise you the most when you come home.  Where do you play bball at?  Are you needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  We go into Lancaster and play ball with the whole zone.  It is good basketball, haha.  I think I am good as far as needing anything, but just know that I love you guys so much.  I have to get going soon, but I love you and I will talk to you next week.  I hope all is well.


This is a horrible picture, but Jordan sent us a video of himself blowing out his candles on his 20th birthday.  I tried to take a still picture from the video and this is the best I could do.  No matter what, we just love this Elder!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment