1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 29, 2013

Driving A Car

Elder Parkinson is driving his first car of the mission and he is very excited about it.  He had been riding up to 40 miles per day on his bike, so this is a welcome change especially with the weather getting hotter.  He continues to be upbeat and positive about everything and we just love hearing from him every week.


This a picture from the internet of the type of car Elder Parkinson is sporting.


Elder Parkinson:  Hi mom.  The week was good because we got a car, haha.  It is a 2010 Ford Fusion.  We have been in a car area on bike, so it has been hard, but now we have a car.  The work is starting to pick up a little.  It is time for my comp to leave this area because he doesn't have much faith or hope left, but we are still working hard.  I am just hoping that the people will keep meeting with us when I get a new comp.  I canceled the order for my watch because I was scared that they were just going to take my money and not send the watch.  Would you order it for me?  You are good at that kind of stuff :) haha.  I am so happy to hear that Cooper is doing good.  I didn't even know what 7 on 7 football was so that is why I never played it.  I would have loved to have played though.  I hope that Austin gets stronger so that he doesn't get hurt so much because he has so much talent and he can go D1 easy if he keeps working hard.  I hope that you can start to get the house going soon.  That is crazy that we got a whole new stake presidency.  This next transfer will most likely decide what mission I will be in for the rest of my time here.  I think I may end up in the new Bakersfield mission.  Do you know who she is getting married to?  I hope it is someone good because she is a nice girl.  I haven't received an email from Kilpack lately.  Tell him to get on it haha.  Well, I love you and can't wait to hear from you.

Mom:  That is so exciting that you got a car!  Who gets to be the driver?  Just make sure you keep exercising so you don't get out of shape now that you aren't riding 30 miles per day.  Do you have meetings with the President this week since transfers are next week?  If so, maybe you can talk to him about your companion.  I'm not exactly sure who she is marrying, but I know it is a return missionary and he looks nice.  Kilpack is taking finals this week, so I'm sure he will email next week.  I see him a lot at Smith's, so I will stay on him!  I'm glad that you are so confident in my shopping abilities :)  I did go ahead and order that watch for you, so will you let me know if you get it?

Elder Parkinson:  I am the driver, so I guess I get to practice my driving a little bit.  I am still working out a lot, so don't worry about that.  We do not have a meeting, but I let him know through email.  I am glad that she found someone good.  I hope that she is happy.  So have you got to meet Kilpack's new girlfriend?  I hope that he is happy.  Thank you for ordering that watch for me.

Mom:  Drive safe ;)  I haven't met Kilpack's new girlfriend yet.  Maybe someday I will.  When do you find out about transfers?  Will you get to see Thacker before he leaves?  How is it going with your military guy?  What are your plans for today?

Elder Parkinson:  So on Saturday I will find out about transfers.  I will get to see Thacker today because today we are going down to play bball with them.  With the military guy, we are going to go by and see him tonight to talk with his parents so we can try to get him baptized.  I hope that all goes well.  For today we are going to play ball, then we are going to dinner with a member, then we have an appointment after that and then we have one with the military guy.  I hope that all is well back home.  So have you heard about Rich at all?

Mom:  That sounds like a busy and fun filled day.  Are you going to Lancaster to play ball?  I haven't heard too much from Rich, just his emails that his Aunt posts.  It sounds like he is doing very well.  He is a zone leader right now I'm pretty sure.  Do you get to email with him or David?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, it is going to be a great day.  Yes, I am going into Lancaster to play ball and to get my suit dry cleaned.  That is cool that he is a zone leader.  I have emailed with Dave, but not with Rich because I don't know his email.  It is about time for me to go, so I love you so much and hope that you have a great week.  I will update you on the watch and how long do you think until it gets here?  I will let you know if I am leaving or not for transfers.

Mom:  Sounds great!  I think your watch should get there early this week.  We would also like some more pictures of you.  Get one with you and Elder Thacker before he leaves.  I love you SO much!!!

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, will do.  I love you too.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment