1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 21, 2013

All Is Great In California

Another Missionary Monday and another great report from Elder Parkinson.  He is continuing to work hard and have success in Rancho Vista.  It is so amazing to see the growth in Jordan and the man he has become.  


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  The week was great.  We worked hard and had a great time.  The trio is a little tough, but I don't care because I just work through it.  Thank you for the Halloween package and the pumpkins and thank you for all the support that you give me.  That is cool that you are going to Nashville for a meeting.  You should get me some country stuff while you are there, haha.  I am sad to hear that the Bountiful varsity lost to East, but I am glad that Austin and Cooper won.  I really do miss football a lot.  That is great news that Idaho State is interested in me too.  How did you found out about that?  It sounds like that movie, The Saratov Approach, is a great movie.  I would love to watch it when I get home.  I also wanted to let you know that transfers in December are on the 10th, so I don't know if that would help at all with my release date.  Our next transfer is next Tuesday and I don't know what is going to happen.  Yeah, all is great.  I am just working hard and I am glad to hear that Austin's ankle is doing better.

Mom:  It sounds like you are doing well.  How are all of your investigators?  Any baptisms in the future?  I will look around Nashville for some country stuff for you ;)  I heard about Idaho State through Alema.  He sent them your highlight film from high school and they are interested in meeting with you.  You're going to have a fun decision when you get home.  It will be an exciting time for you.

Elder Parkinson:  Our investigators are doing great.  Since we are in a trio we don't see our investigators as much.  That is cool about football.  It will definitely be a fun time.

Mom:  Why don't you see your investigators much when you are in a trio?  Are you needing anything? 

Elder Parkinson:  We don't see our investigators much because the area that the other elder is in is a lot busier so we work his area a lot more.  We are in a trio all the time until transfers.  I think I am good as far as needing anything.  Oh wait, you know that new long sleeve shirt that you sent me?  Well, it ripped, so yeah.

Mom:  Well it sounds like you are definitely keeping busy!  I can't believe that new shirt ripped.  How did that happen?  I will have to send you out another one so that you have a nice shirt to come home in.  Do you think you will stay in a trio after transfers?  So do you know a lot of people coming home on the Dec. 10 transfer?

Elder Parkinson:  I don't know how it ripped, haha, but thank you for being willing to send me a new one.  I think that I will just have one companion after transfers.  Yes, I know a lot of people who are coming home on Dec. 10.  I just think it might be a lot easier if I go home on the 10th with everyone else instead of a week later because then they won't have to figure out where to put me for a week.  I will just go home and not mess anything up.

Mom:  Well, maybe you can talk to your mission president about it and see what's best.  Maybe he will have you work in the office for those few days or something.  What are your plans for today?  Do you have a busy week?  I didn't get a SIM card in the mail yet ;)

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I will do that and see what he says.  For today we are going to play soccer so it will be so much fun, hahahaha, NOT.  I am sorry that I haven't sent the SIM card yet, I am just busy and haven't had time to send it off yet.  This week one of the members of the 70 is coming to the mission.  Also, yesterday in Stake Conference, Elder Cook was there.  It was super cool!

Mom:  What a great experience!!!  It is so amazing to feel the spirit from our leaders.  Where was Stake Conference at?  I'm sure you are going to tear it up in soccer today!!!

Elder Parkinson:  Stake Conference was in Palmdale and it really was great.  Well, I have to get going so I hope that you have a great week and that we can get my release date figured out.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment