1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 14, 2013

Serving In A Trio

Today was such a good email day with Elder Parkinson.  I have been a little worried about his stress level these past few weeks, but in emailing with him today, he is doing great!  I always love to feel and hear of his positive attitude and work ethic.  He is such a gem and I am so proud of my amazing son.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  I hope that the emailing works well again this week.  My area is doing good.  One of the elders in my district got sick and had to go home, so we are in a trio with an elder named Elder Monzon.  He is way cool and he is helping a lot with my comp.  I did get the cologne that you sent and I love it.  Thank you.  That is good to hear that Austin got to play varsity and also I am so proud of him and Cooper and the work that they are putting in.  I love them so much.  I would love to go down and watch his basketball tourney in Vegas if I get home in time.  So what have they said about my release date?  Don't worry, it won't distract me, because I work hard no matter what.  That is all I know how to do, haha.

Mom:  I am so glad to hear that things are going well.  Where is the other elder from that is in your trio?  Do you still ride bikes?  I think they are trying to get you home on the 17th, but we won't know for sure until next week.  Did you hear about the missionary that was killed last week while riding his bike?  He was in the California, Arcadia mission.  Please be careful when you are riding.

Elder Parkinson:  The other elder is from Salt Lake and they gave us a car to drive since there are three of us.  That is nice because I can get super fat.  So will you let me know next week if I am coming home on the 17th or the 19th?

Mom:  That is nice that you have a car, especially with the weather getting a little colder.  Now you will just have to run or something to exercise, haha.  Yes, I will let you know on Monday if I hear anything about your release date, but don't stress about it.  How is the work going?  Do the members feed you very often?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, it is great to have a car.  I will try to do some type of exercise, haha.  Yes, the members do feed us very well.  So what are your plans for the day?

Mom:  Well today I am doing the normal Monday stuff of laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning.  I am also meeting with our designer to pick out exterior colors for the house.  What are your plans?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, we are going to play soccer, haha.  Yeah, so kill me now :)  What colors are you doing for the house?

Mom:  Soccer?????  You are going to LOVE it ;)  For the colors, we are trying to decide between a bluish/grey or a greenish/brown.  Decisions, decisions.  Do you have any investigators you are teaching right now?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, we have a lot of investigators.  We are covering both areas, so we have like 40 investigators so there is a ton of work to do.  So yeah, I am doing great!

Mom:  That is amazing!!!  I am soo happy for you and so excited for all of the lives you are touching.  You are providing the best gift possible.  What an example and inspiration you are to all of us back home.  We love you so much.  So, do I have a sim card coming this week?

Elder Parkinson:  Thanks, I love you guys too.  I will send you a sim card soon.  This week is going to go by really fast.

Mom:  Is it going fast because of all your investigators?  I hope you enjoy soccer today and have a great week.

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, it will go fast because of the investigators and also I have to do a lot of district leader stuff.  I have to get going now.  I love you so much and I will talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment