1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 28, 2013

Training Again and Staying Put

It is transfer week again for the Bakersfield mission and Elder Parkinson is going to be staying in Rancho Vista.  He will be training another missionary once again, which is pretty cool in the sense that he will get to leave one last legacy for the mission before he heads home.  This will most likely be Jordan's last transfer and we couldn't be more excited.  He is an amazing missionary and has grown so much (in more ways than one)!!!



Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Well, I am doing great and just working hard.  For transfers I will be staying here and training again, haha.  I am great though.  The work is great and we are working away.  That is cool that you got to listen to some songwriters on your trip to Nashville.  I wish I would have been there.  I love country music.  I am glad to hear that Austin took charge in his sophomore football game and led the team to victory.  That is too bad that varsity lost, but maybe they will do good in the playoffs.  I am also glad to hear that the boat got to Idaho safely.  The meeting we had with the member of the seventy was a little different and it wasn't my favorite.  He was kind of talking bad about the missionaries that had been out for a long time and basically told all the young ones not to listen to us.  That is probably an exaggeration, but it just wasn't my favorite meeting.  So any news on the release date?  Can't wait to hear back from you.

Mom:  I am so happy you are doing well.  Are you excited to be staying in Rancho Vista?  Will you be training the same missionary as before?  I am sure that the meeting wasn't intended to be negative, maybe it just came across to you in a different way.  I am so glad that you are such a hard working missionary.  It is an honor to be able to train these new missionaries and prepare them because they are the future of the mission.  Did you talk with your mission president about the release date?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I am excited and no, it will be another missionary.  Also, I did not get a chance to talk to my mission president about it.  Have you heard any news on it?

Mom:  The latest I have heard is that they are still working on it.  Our Stake President is going between your mission president and the mission department to see what works best.  You need to make sure to take a picture of you and your current companion so I have a record of all your comps.  Are you staying at the same address?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, okay, sound good.  I will see what my mission president has to say about it.  I will make sure to get a picture with him :)

Mom:  Sounds like a deal!  Have you worked on that SIM card yet?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, um, I am working on it.  Sorry, I have just been so busy.

Mom:  No worries.  I know you are a busy guy.  I would just love a pic with your current companion and then one with your new companion that you get tomorrow.  Are you doing well?  Needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  I am doing great and I will be at the same house.  I am not really needing anything, but I don't know if you have sent that new shirt out yet or not.

Mom:  I haven't sent the shirt out yet.  Are you ready for it?  What are your plans for today?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, I guess not yet.  I would send it in like 2 weeks.  Well, for today we are just getting everything packed up for transfers and getting everything ready for transfers.  So what day do we leave for the basketball tournament in Vegas in December?

Mom:  Okay,  I will send it in 2 weeks.  It sounds like you are going to have a busy day getting ready for transfers.  Will you get to see Elder Flake tomorrow?  Do you still keep in touch with Thacker?  We would be leaving to Vegas on the 19th of December and I think you are supposed to have a meeting with Utah State on the 18th.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, sounds good.  Thank you for everything that you do for me.  I do still keep in touch with both of them and they are doing great.  Well, if I have that meeting, that means that I have to get back before then.  My comp is getting restless trying to get on the computer, so I will talk to you next week.  I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment