1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 4, 2013

Working Hard To The End

This has been such an exciting week for our family because we finally received Elder Parkinson's travel plans.  He will be coming home on Dec. 11 at 7:30 pm to the Salt Lake Airport.  I don't think I have stopped smiling since I heard the news and we are anxiously counting down everyday until our family is all together again.  Jordan has been such an amazing missionary and is continuing to work hard through the end.  He is still training new missionaries and continues to be the district leader, so we know his heart and mind are still in the right place.





Elder Parkinson:  Well I am doing great and just working hard.  My new companion is Elder Ruiz and he is from Vegas.  He is fresh out of the MTC and he is cool.  I really like him.  That is crazy that I am coming home on December 11.  Do you the know the other elder's names that I will be flying home with or no?  I can't wait to get home and see all of you.  I did get all of the Halloween stuff so thank you very much.  That is sad that football is over, but I guess it's just on to the next sport.  

Mom:  I am so happy that you and your comp get along.  You will be a great influence on him these last few weeks.  Make sure to show him how you never give up at the end and finish strong.  Are you still the district leader? 

Elder Parkinson:  I will do that for sure!  Yes, I am still the district leader.  It is fun.  So when does my plane leave from here?  I love you so much and I can't believe that the time is almost here for me to come home.

Mom:  You leave Bakersfield at 12:30, fly to Phoenix and then land in Salt Lake at 7:30pm.  It is soooo exciting that we get to see your cute face again in 37 days!!!  Have you been doing any sort of exercise to get ready for your meetings with the coaches?  How is the work coming?

Elder Parkinson:  That is a late entry, but I like it.  I have been trying to get myself ready for the coaches, haha.  I can't believe we are 37 days away!  So what are the plans for the day?

Mom:  Just keep working hard and doing what you are supposed to and everything will work out.  For today I am just doing the usual Monday things of laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning........The boys have basketball conditioning after school and then they are going to do a little shooting later tonight.  What are your plans?  You didn't tell me how the work is going.

Elder Parkinson:  My plans are idk, hahaha.  The work is slow because there are two new missionaries in the branch and they took the area that we worked last area that we found everybody in, so we are left with nothing.  We are just starting from scratch.

Mom:  Well, if anyone can start from scratch and work hard to find success it is you!  I forgot to tell you that it snowed yesterday and it still hasn't melted all the way.  I am not quite ready for winter yet. Are you needing anything before you come home?  Is your coat still in good shape?

Elder Parkinson:  I am doing good and I don't need anything.  I will be sending a package home soon with all of the stuff that I really want to keep.

Mom:  That sounds good.  Make sure you bring home anything that is still in good shape.  I also want your shoes that are all worn out to keep as a memory of how hard you worked.  Did you remember to take a picture with your last companion? 

Elder Parkinson:  I did not get a pic with him, sorry.  I will try to bring everything that I can home.  Don't worry, I will bring home my shoes.  They have held up very well.  Will I get my old phone number back?

Mom:  You are really struggling with the pictures and SIM card lately, aren't you, hahaha!!!  Make sure you get one of your new companion at least ;)  Yes, you will get your old phone number back.  Cooper has been using it, but he can get a new one.  I'm so glad you are doing well and working hard.  You are a great example to us all.  Are you playing soccer today, haha????

Elder Parkinson:  I promise I will get a pic with my new companion.  Yeah, all is good, just working hard.  I am not sure if we are playing soccer or not, but yeah, that is all I know how to do is work hard.

Mom:   Well, I love you SO much and hope you have an amazing week with lots of success!!!

Elder Parkinson:  Thank you and I love you so much too.  I will talk to you next week.


This is one of the pumpkins that we carved for Halloween as a tribute to Jordan.  It is supposed to be a heart with the shape of the state of California inside.  We added the "CALI" wording to help people understand ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment