1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013

It is so crazy to think that this will be Elder Parkinson's last Thanksgiving in the mission field and even crazier to think that we get to see him in just over 2 weeks!  He is doing great and still working as hard as when he started.  His attitude, work ethic and determination are an inspiration to us all.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, how are you doing.  I am doing great and just trying to work hard and be the best missionary that I can.  It is so cool that you got to see Thacker.  He is so cool and I love that man, haha.  That is not good that you had another mini wind storm, but I am happy that it didn't do anything to the house.  All is good here and I think it is great that you are going to have a little family Thanksgiving.  Well, I can't wait to hear back from you.

Mom:  I'm glad to hear that you are still doing well and working hard.  Has the work picked up at all?  We were happy to see Thacker and he is excited to spend your last Pday with you.  Have you figured out your plans for Thanksgiving yet?

Elder Parkinson:  No, the work hasn't picked up that much, but it is okay.  I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for this area.  I can't wait to see Thacker again!  I don't know what we are going to do for Thanksgiving yet.

Mom:  Yes, Heavenly Father definitely has a plan and you are helping make that possible.  What are you doing for Pday today?  Have you had to pay your ticket yet?  How are you and your companion doing?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, for today it is all up in the air.  I have not had to pay the ticket yet, but it should be paid by next week.  Me and my comp are doing great.  He is a good kid.

Mom:  Sounds like things are good which makes me SO happy.  Did you want to write a little something for the friends newsletter and share your testimony?

Elder Parkinson:  Sure, I will do that right before I get off.  How is all back home?

Mom:  Sounds good.  Everything is going well here.  We drive by the new house at least 3 times per day to see the progress, which makes it seem even slower, haha.  Dad is staying busy with work and I am just doing the normal mom things.  The boys stay busy with basketball and school and Austin is also trying to lift 4 days a week so he can get stronger and not get hurt as much.  Speaking of stronger.....what are you weighing in at now?

Elder Parkinson:  I am at 245 and I can't wait to get back and work out.  That is something that I miss.

Mom:  You have just been working out in a different way.  Is there anything you are needing?

Elder Parkinson:  No, I think I am good.  Do you know when my homecoming talk is?

Mom:  It will be Dec. 29 because we have stake conference the Sunday after you get home and the next Sunday is the Christmas program.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, sounds good.  I love you so much and I am going to write my entry for the friends newsletter now.  Have a good Thanksgiving and I love you.  Can't wait to see you.


Elder Parkinson and his high school classmates have a newsletter that they all submit to quarterly.  A mom puts all the entries together and then emails it out.  It is such a great way for them to all see how their friends are doing and keep track of each other while they are away.  Here is Jordan's submission:

Well boys, it is over.  I can't believe it but I do know that this mission changed my life.  I wouldn't have traded it for anything.  I know that this church is the Church of Jesus Christ and I know that we have the authority on Earth today.  I have seen many miracles because of the priesthood.  I love the gospel and I hope that whoever is still in the mission will work as hard as they can because it goes by fast.  It felt like high school football with how fast it went.  Well, I love you all and hope to see you soon or hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment