1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 18, 2013

Translating On The Spot

I absolutely love Missionary Monday's.  Hearing from and being uplifted by your missionary is the best way to start a new week.  I can't count how many times I press "refresh" on my email just to make sure I haven't missed one minute of Jordan being online.  I think I am going to have to readjust when he comes home and make myself not text him all day long on Monday's.  Elder Parkinson is doing great and still working hard all the way through the finish line.

Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, all is well.  My talk yesterday went great.  I forgot the Spanish version that I had written out, so I had to translate my talk on the spot.  It was fun.  That is cool that both Austin and Cooper made the high school basketball team.  I can't wait to watch them play when I get home.  I hope that the house gets going faster and no, it doesn't bother me that I will be coming home to a rental I've never seen.  It's not the house that I am coming back to, it is my family, so yeah I will be fine.  I did get the new dress shirt that you sent and yes, I do have a place to take it and get it pressed.  Well, I love you so much and I hope to hear back from you.

Mom:  Wow!  Was it hard to translate on the spot?  How long did you talk for?  I'm glad that you got the shirt and you will be able to get it pressed.  Are you needing anything else clothing wise for your return?  How is the work coming along?  

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no, it wasn't too hard.  I talked for about 15 minutes, but I could have gone longer.  I am doing good and I don't think I need anything else before I go home.  

Mom:  15 minutes is a long time!  I am so excited to hear you speak Spanish when you get home.  I just sent you a few pics of the new house with the trusses they have on so far.  How does your suit fit?  Is it going to be okay to come home in?  What are you doing today?





Elder Parkinson:  The house is looking good!  My suit is just fine.  I have no idea what the plan for today is, haha, just chill I guess.

Mom:  How is the work coming along?  Have you found any new Spanish investigators?

Elder Parkinson:  The work is the same.  We are having a hard time finding any new people, but is is okay because we are trying.

Mom:  Well I'm sure you are giving it your best.  Do you know your plans for Thanksgiving yet?  How is your companion doing?  When do you have to pay your speeding ticket?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I am giving it my all.  My comp is great!  I don't know our plans for Thanksgiving yet, but I will find out how much the speeding ticket is tonight or tomorrow.


Jordan's current companion whom he is going to finish out his mission with.


Mom:  So everything is good?  You are happy?  Any special requests for when you come home?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, all is great!  I just have one question: Do you know when I am going to be released?

Mom:  From what I have heard, you get released the night that you get home.  I would think it should be within a few hours.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, sounds good.  Well, I love you so much and I will talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment