1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 11, 2013

We Love Pictures

For the first time in Elder Parkinson's mission, he was not able to email on Monday due to a holiday.  He has had several P-days fall on a holiday, but somehow he always manages to find a way to email.  No such luck today.  I guess we will just have to be patient and hope he emails tomorrow.  In the meantime, however, we did finally receive a SIM card in the mail - hooray!!!  There were several pictures that were taken with families and people he had become close to in Lake Los Angeles since he served there for almost 9 months.  Most of the pictures show happy, smiling faces, but I'm sure there was a little sadness when he had to leave these wonderful people who had become like family to him.  Tears were definitely flowing looking at these photos because I can feel the love that is present.  I know these wonderful people will always hold a place in my son's heart.














No comments:

Post a Comment