1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Speeding Ticket

I was a little worried that we wouldn't be receiving an email from Elder Parkinson this week, but thankfully Missionary Tuesday's are just as good as Missionary Monday's.  In the letter that came with his SIM card last week, Jordan informed us that he had gotten a speeding ticket.  It was quite a surprise to us that our missionary got a speeding ticket while right now we are focused on our 16 year old not getting one.  I guess he did inherit at least one thing from his mother and that is a lead foot :)  Aside from all of that, Jordan is doing great and working hard to finish his mission just as strong as he started it.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  So for the speeding ticket, I was going down to meet some elders to get a GPS so that my companion would know where he was going the next day because we were doing exchanges.  I looked down and saw that I was speeding and it was in a canyon so I was going downhill.  As I went around the corner, there was a highway patrol just sitting there and the rest is history.  So that is what happened.  I am so sorry and it will probably be an expensive ticket.  I won't know exactly how much until next week.  I am still allowed to drive and my mission president didn't say anything to me about it.  Oh well, I guess it is in the past and we just learn from our mistakes.  I am glad to hear that both Austin and Cooper are in love with football.  Tell them that basketball is fun too and to enjoy it as much as they can.  How did their tryouts go yesterday?  Sorry I didn't email yesterday, but there was nowhere to email from.  I hope that the house gets going and I'm glad that you liked the SIM card.  I was happy that I had a SIM card to put in with my letter about speeding because I knew if there were pictures you wouldn't be too mad.  

Mom:  Well, you know that I am the last person who can say anything about speeding, haha.  Just try to be more careful and I will make sure that there is money in your account to pay for it.  The boys said that there were a lot of people at tryouts yesterday.  They both made the first cut.  I just hope they can transition into basketball mode and give their best effort.  What did you do yesterday for Pday?

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, thank you.  I love you.  I know that they will be able to switch their focus to basketball because if I did it, then they definitely can do it.  Yesterday we played volleyball and it was really fun.  I can't believe that I only have 4 of those left.

Mom:  I know!  It is crazy that you are down to just 4 Pdays!!!  How is the work coming?  Have you found any new investigators?  How is your companion?

Elder Parkinson:  The work is slowly progressing.  We found a lot of English people, but now Spanish and we can only teach in spanish.  Guess what I have to do this Sunday?  My companion is a cool guy and things are good.

Mom:  Well at least you are having a little success.  Make sure to be patient with your companion and lead by your example.  I am guessing that you have to speak on Sunday?

Elder Parkinson:  Well since I like my companion, then that should be easy.  Yes, I have to speak.  That is going to be fun.

Mom:  Have you had to speak yet on your mission?  What are you going to talk about?  It will be good practice for your homecoming talk :)

Elder Parkinson:  This is the first talk on my mission, haha.  I am going to talk about unity and yes, it will be great practice.

Mom:  I can't believe you haven't had to speak yet!  I'm sure you will do awesome.  What ward are you speaking in?  Do you have any appointment set for today?

Elder Parkinson:  I am speaking in our spanish branch.  Today I will be on exchanges, so I have no idea what the plan is, but I know we will work hard.  How is the weather looking out there?

Mom:  You always work hard.  The weather is gorgeous today.  Last Tuesday it was snowing and today it is supposed to be 65 degrees.  How is your weather?  I just found out that the trusses for the house get delivered tomorrow, so we should at least have a roof by the time that you get home :)

Elder Parkinson:  That is good to hear.  Could you send me a pic so I can see how it looks?  The weather here is in the 70's, so it's good.

Mom:  Do you have time for me to drive down there right now and send it or do you want me to send some pictures in the mail?

Elder Parkinson:  I have time.  That would be great, thanks!



These are the photos I quickly took for Elder Parkinson.  The first one is the front of the house and the second one is the side of the house facing Barton Creek.


Mom:  Did you get the two photos I sent?  Do you want any other ones?

Elder Parkinson:  I got them, thank you.  It's looking good!

Mom:  Just waiting for a roof before the snow gets here.  Who are you on transfers with today?  Are you needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  I will be with Elder Martinez.  He is funny and a good missionary.  I think that I am good as far as needing anything, but thanks so much for asking.  I have to get going now, so I hope you have a great week and know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment