1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Starting The Last October In The Field

The emailing back and forth with Elder Parkinson has definitely taken a turn for the worse these last few weeks.  I couldn't really figure out why Elder Parkinson and I were not getting each other's emails and I was even ready to go out and buy a new computer to make it better.  I finally found out that the server that the missionaries use is having problems and I am pretty sure it has to due with the thousands of missionaries emailing every Monday.  I am so grateful that I get at least one email from Jordan every Monday.  I've realized that all I really need to know is that he is doing well and is safe and then my heart can be at peace for another week.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, sorry about last week.  It was crazy because it was the first week of the transfer, but now everything has slowed down a little.  So to start answering all the questions that you asked in your email, my new area is good.  There are not a lot of Latinos so that is hard, but I like it a little better than my last area.  I am in a house and that address that Thacker gave you was the right one.  Thank you so much for sending the bread, it is great.  The only thing that I need is some more cologne and I am also thinking about getting a new suit.  I was wondering what your opinion on that would be. We don't share the house with any other missionaries and my companion's name is Elder Sawyer.  He is from Vermont and he is on his second transfer in the mission.  I think I have been around new missionaries too long, haha.  We are trying to work things out, we are just total opposite people so it is kind-of hard.  Being district leader is good and I am riding a bike now so I am getting into shape.  I had to stop doing the insanity workouts because they banned them from the mission.  I don't know why they did, but I just listen to what they say.  That is not good news at all that Woods Cross beat Bountiful again.  We cannot let them start their own streak!  At least Austin and Cooper won so that is good.  I am so happy to hear that Thacker sold that Dodge, haha.  I am so excited for General Conference.  It is great because you get to learn so much.  I hope that I will enjoy it just as much when I get home.  I hope that you are able to email me back, but I am doing good and working hard.  I can't believe that I come home in 11 weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment